Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio playing from both headphones and speakers

HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out of nowhere I've had a problem with the audio of my laptop. Audio plays from both the laptop speakers and the headphones when they are plugged in. I've tried setting the headphones as default device in playback settings but this doesn't work. The headphones don't work when I try to test them either. I've had a look around online and haven't found any solutions yet. I tried updating the audio drivers but that didn't get the job done either. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PeadarCharles,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the sound coming out the speakers and head phones. I will be glad to help you.

Please follow the step fromResolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 😎.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried all of the solutions on this list of the course of the past few days and unfortunetly had no luck. I can't set the headphones to deafult devices no matter it appears. When I tried to do an audio playback test I was told to make sure my headphones were plugged in even though they were. I think the problem might be with the headhphones jack port, though audio does still play from my headphones when they're plugged in my laptop just can't recognise them.  

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PeadarCharles,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation