Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio playing through headphones and speakers. Trying to just get audio from headphones.

HP Envy 15 notebook beatsaudo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever i plug headphones into the jack the audio plays fine through them but audio also plays through the laptop speakers. I tried messing around in control panel but couldn't quite find a way to just have audio play through just the headphones. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,202
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio playing through headphones and speakers. Trying to just get audio from headphones.

Hey @dpoole810,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I see you are having an issue with the sound coming through the Headphones on your HP ENVY Notebook. Try this:

In the Device Manager, right-click on Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers and select the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver Update Driver Software. Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.

Here is a link to Microsoft to troubleshoot the sound if you need it.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up if you feel this post has helped you.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation