Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion cs2110tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i bought this laptop a week ago and i notice that whenever i play a video the audio starts after few seconds... it also happens when i pause the video and play it again... there is a few seconds where only the video plays and no audio... is this a problem if its is how can i resolve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the issue has been resolved.

i followed the same process as @banhien said.

but i downloaded a new driver Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Whiskey Lake (Windows 10 v1809) - sp95506

which i directly downloaded using HP secure download.

Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sarath_Sekar 

Please download and perform a CLEAN install the following Realtek driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98141.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Banhien 

Thank you for taking time to support my issue but unfortunately the driver link you sent is not supported for Windows 10 home.

If you have any other suggestions you are most welcome..

HP Recommended

the issue has been resolved.

i followed the same process as @banhien said.

but i downloaded a new driver Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Whiskey Lake (Windows 10 v1809) - sp95506

which i directly downloaded using HP secure download.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have a hp envy x360 i5 8th gen with bang and olufsen and my sound goes up and down from the speakers its always but sometimes its loud and sometimes its low plz help. Should i update my driver aswell.

HP Recommended

Hey @ EL-Pasa.

my problem was a software issue so i fixed it with a simple driver update. But yours seems to be a problem that needs few more details to be confirmed. so please follow these steps to see whether yours is a hardware issue or a software issue.

First right click the volume icon in the taskbar and troubleshoot it. see the problem is rectified. if not then go to next step

Second step: Go to device manager and find out the audio driver mine was realtek  check about yours, right click the driver and update it using search online option. if the answer says like " your driver is upto date" then go for third option.

Third option: Goto HP website select support ----> software & drivers. Allow hp to auto detect drivers. then the page will display all the available drivers for your system to be downloaded. search for audio driver in that list, download and install the driver (it will be automatically done by hp). restart the computer and check again if the problem persist, as a customer i would request you to change the speakers if your laptop is still under warranty, or take it to your dealer and resolve the issue.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.