Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j078ca Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I understand this is an older laptop but I had it given to me from a relative and the audio only plays through the bottom of the laptop very quietly, the top speakers are disabled or the driver has been removed some how, if anyone has a similar laptop and could suggest what to do or where to find the driver for the top speakers I would appreciate it has Beats speakers so that might have something to do with why they stopped working. Its a great laptop but I cant watch movies on it the audio is very quiet. 

What I have tried already: 

I researched whether it was the driver that was missing and tried to install a different audio driver to see if that might access the speakers. It didnt change anything. I believe at the time I did it I tried downloading a few different types of audio drivers. 

The silliest part is there is a likely chance they were switched off some how and I simple don't know how to switch them back on. I know its silly but hopefull some one else may know more about this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

oh wait nvm i fixed it. 

This site needs to make the option to delete a post more clear otherwise Id delete this. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

oh wait nvm i fixed it. 

This site needs to make the option to delete a post more clear otherwise Id delete this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.