Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 14-dw0901nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 14-dw0901nc  2 days ago, after these 2 days audio doesn't work somethimes. Usually after I pause the video on youtube or song on spotify and try to play, it just doesn't work. It's very annoying and I'm starting to get pissed of I bought HP instead of macbook for the same price 😞  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

same issue with 15-eb0000 Spectre 360.  if the video is paused, then the sound is lost, requiring closing the video player (VLC, Windows Media Player, or MPC) and re-starting the video.

HP Recommended

I have the same laptop and the same issue.

I found a temporary fix but it's driving me insane and I want a proper fix. If switch from youtube to a video on FB, the sound is gone.

Hopefully, someone from HP can reply and assist us

HP Recommended

@KRISTO555, @SaltyPaws1,@borfan Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

Perform the steps mentioned in this document - No Sound from Speakers

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When checking for updates, I ALWAYS get the connection box, check connecting to HP servers, fail download updates definition, check gathering configuration information, fail analyzing your system, and fail preparing action list. Then it shows last check: never.

Thoughts on how I can update? 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried all this before I posted here. I also downgraded the audio update and nothing worked. What I do to have sound is going to MANAGE SOUND DEVICES ---OUTPUT DEVICES and I Disable and Enable the speaker which is a temporary fix until I pause a YouTube video or open a new tab. I have to do this a couple of times per day.

It would be great if I can make and upload a video with this issue but some help would be much better!

HP Recommended

@SaltyPaws1, @borfan

If you have tried all the steps mentioned in the previous post and the attached document, yet the issue persists, kindly perform a system recovery. Refer to - Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.