Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0007nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Audio stereo mixing is disrupted and B&O filterning does not work with latest audio driver update (6.0.1.8544). it seems that somthing is missing from the installer (which is only 33,32 Mb compared tho the full driver which is something around 130/140 Mb). In fact after installing this driver the audio is sent to the internal speakers without stereo mixing, so if we have a 5.1 audio source like from netflix i only hear ambiental sounds and not voices. Indeed Bang & olufsen audio filtering is disabled, and there is not the possibility to activate it. I resolved going back to the precedent audio driver. Installing the new driver will break stereo mixing and B&O filtering, i tried multiple times.

B&O  filterning is deactivated and it cannot be turned onB&O filterning is deactivated and it cannot be turned on

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hybridgenesis

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the audio.

Appreciate you trying the steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer -

Step 3 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 4 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 5 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am sorry but the answer is not useful because i have already done every step:

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers

Step 3 Windows Updates troubleshooter

Step 4 Windows Updates 

Step 5 HP Support Assistant Updates

the problem is that the driver that hp support assistant is proposing is faulty, i reverted to the previous version of the driver and everything went back to normal

HP Recommended

@hybridgenesis

Thanks for trying. 

I'd suggest you try re-installing the HP Support Assistant if you have not done that already -

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2) Look for HP Support Assistant.

3) Right-click to uninstall.

4) Restart the computer.

5) Install the HP Support Assistant from this link.

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.