Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-ad114nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have had this problem for a while now. But we still can't seem to find a solution.

The problem is that the audio just stops working at random, as in the little sound icon on the bottom left of the

Windows Toolbar there is a little X next to the speaker ICON, in the beginning we have tried to see if external headsets do work

but unfortunately.

We did try the following to resolve the issue:

Audio drivers update from HP,  - (Realtek High-Definition (HD) audiodriver (Windows 10 v1903) (last update available)

We have also tried the support assist program from HP,  and did all the driver updates from there.  and tried the troubleshooting from the support assist program. But no luck.

We have re-installed the pc with a clean windows image, but no luck either.

Sometimes It work for a while but then it just goes back to the little x.

all help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Annelies4

The issue seems to be with the driver installed on the computer. I recommend you uninstall the audio driver and then download and install it from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110379.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Annelies4

I reviewed your post and I understand that the audio stops working randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the version of Windows you are using?

Meanwhile, I recommend you run the Windows audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for responding

I currently have version 20H2

And after the troubleshooting thingy said:

Generic Audio Driver Detected (with a litlle yellow triangle with an exclamationmark)

HP Recommended

@Annelies4

The issue seems to be with the driver installed on the computer. I recommend you uninstall the audio driver and then download and install it from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110379.exe

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.