Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion touchsmart 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, ive had this laptop for a while now, and a few months ago the audio was working just fine when i was producing my music, i plugged in my microphone, guitar hitch, i even set up a new maschine micro mk2 and it all worked fine with low latency. I didnt change the latency and a few weeks after letting my computer sit, i came back and tried to go onto soundcloud, and the audio wasnt working right. The audio came out, but it was like the bass had been manualy turned off. I preveously owned a macbook so if you could please elaborate and explain how to fix the problem or what is happening, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there @basssgod

Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out and help with the sound issue you are having. If you perform these troubleshooting steps, it may help you to get the sound quality back. 

Please note: Remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a document called No Sound from Speakers.I know that you can hear sound from your speakers, but you had mentioned that the bass sounds like it has disappeared. I provided this document for you because there are different troubleshooting steps that may help you get the sound to work properly. 

Did you happen to try the audio troubleshooter? It might be able to fix your issue automatically. 

Here is another step to try.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers/Headphones.
4. Click Properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab on the Properties window (this will also give you subwoofer settings)
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.
9. Click OK to close the Playback Devices.

If neither of these options works for you, you can do a system restore. System restore will help you go back to a time when it was working properly for you.

You can use the HP Support Assistant for drivers. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10.

Please follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know how everything went. Could you also please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there @basssgod

Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out and help with the sound issue you are having. If you perform these troubleshooting steps, it may help you to get the sound quality back. 

Please note: Remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a document called No Sound from Speakers.I know that you can hear sound from your speakers, but you had mentioned that the bass sounds like it has disappeared. I provided this document for you because there are different troubleshooting steps that may help you get the sound to work properly. 

Did you happen to try the audio troubleshooter? It might be able to fix your issue automatically. 

Here is another step to try.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers/Headphones.
4. Click Properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab on the Properties window (this will also give you subwoofer settings)
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.
9. Click OK to close the Playback Devices.

If neither of these options works for you, you can do a system restore. System restore will help you go back to a time when it was working properly for you.

You can use the HP Support Assistant for drivers. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10.

Please follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know how everything went. Could you also please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.