Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can someone help me find the B&O driver? It's not showing up on my list of apps.

Thanks

HP Recommended

its inside realtek audio drivers. but if you are not seeing B&O audio control in start menu apps then goto your laptop support and drivers page and find audio drivers and install it you will get b&o audio control in start menu

HP Recommended

I have gotten a fade in and out of sound volume on my HP Pavilion since I bought it this July.  It was a custom build with the AMD processor choices.

Not good to have speakers as part of your hook in selling the device, and then they don't work. They should stop selling PCs with this configuration and go to the cheapest speakers/drivers they can find - that work. Don't go with expensive stuff that doesn't work. Not good to pay for a PC and have no sound at many times. Even cheap PCs have sound all of the time.

HP Recommended

Just bought HP Pavilion - I-7 NVIDIA GEFORCE (B&O audio) few weeks ago .... has similar situation with faded sound. 

Try the suggested solution but not work so far.  Please help. 

HP Recommended

Dear all, 

I am really keen to hear if any of us have able to re-solve this issue.

I have tried all the suggested step (change setting, update the driver) by EmeraldAvenger but the problem is kept coming. My laptop is purchased on 27 Aug 2016. It is NB 15-au003ne I7-6500U.2.5GHZ, 24-X3M47EA (B&O audio and windows 10 64 bit)

Unfortunately I just opened and used the laptop several days after the purchased date (if within 3 days it can be exchanged 😞 ). I find the the sound fade by itself till can not be heard every time we use it to play movies or to stream video from internet or for the online class video - after sometimes. In some cases, after few minutes we run the video. Also while using the online class streaming (wiziq.com) the sound is howling by itself - normal to low volume them normal then low volume again while all other student is normal and it is normal if I used my other laptop.

It is really annoying to have an expensive laptop with the defect system - sound system. 

Please help if anyone able to resolve the problem. 

HP Recommended

EDIT: Yes, it was too soon to declare it fixed. While I was making an edit to this message a song I was playing in Groove faded to inaudible. I can get it to come back by clicking Pause and then Play, but it will fade again before song ends (and it will come back again with Pause-Play).

One of the people at twitter @HPSupport wants to know if this happens if the sound is going out an HDMI cable to a TV. So  if you have an HDMI cable you should try it with your TV and tweet @HPSupport with your results.

I got a Windows 10 update a few days ago and maybe it is too soon to declare it fixed, but since then the sound is working fine. The update is Windows 10 .0.14393 (Build 14393)

HP Recommended

It looks like they have a fix for this. I gave someone my issue in a chat session and without hesitation or question they downloaded a new Realtek driver

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75570.exe

and a BIOS update:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76359.exe

and after installation everything has been fine. But it has only been two days, so results not final. But the fact that he immediately downloaded those files makes me think they are aware of the issue and the fix.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue for me. The BIOS update was not compatible with my system and the sound still fades with the different driver. Maybe it will work for someone else though?

HP Recommended

The BIOS update is not working for me too. But after the Realtek update, my problem is solved - it is only 2 days though but I have continuously open the youtube video for several hours and the volume is remaind high. 

It may not work for all cases but it worth to upgrade with Realtek driver as shown in the previous message by Aussie2010.

HP Recommended

Concerning that Realtek driver: I had previously downloaded that Realtek driver after someone on twitter @HPSupport had given it to me. It didn't fix my problem AND the next time I got a Windows update, that driver got replaced by an earlier one. I told @HPSupport about that and they didn't have an answer as to how to prevent Windows from replacing it with an earlier version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.