Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP Laptop a month ago & this same issue just started happening. You start to watch a video & with a few seconds the volume fades to an inaudible level. I have tried very fix I have seen on the internet & nothing works. It is very frustrating. It is going back to the store where I purchased it. I did not buy a cheaper model & paying close to $900.00 for this laptop is upsetting. It sounds to me like many folks are having issues with new HP laptops purchjased in 2016.

HP Recommended

I know....totally f'd up weird. I can't believe HP relies on its customers to find solutions while they continue to sell a faulty product.

I don't have a permanent fix but here's what I found works for awhile. Plug in your headphones then unplug them. You may have to do this again in another day or two so keep them handy. 

If HP is monitoring this...WAKE UP and give your customers a SOUND solution will you! If we don't get a resolution soon I too will return mine. We shouldn't have to put up with crap quality when you pay full pop for a new machine from a so-called reputable com pany. Aside from this sound issue the machine works great...but I am losing faith with HP support after having had many HP's in the past.  This second grade, 3rd party, user support HP has placed on their customers is questionable at best. WHOSE the corporate brainiac that came up with that one? Here's a suggestion HP...fire that idiot and survey your technical einsteins to see if they have another idea like, oh I don't know...perhaps..real HP technical support! YOU KNOW, LIKE THE GOOD OL' DAYS.

HP Recommended

Just wondering, has anyone tried the link i posted? Or has it even appeared?

HP Recommended

I went to your link but the page that appeared did not define a clear link to what you referenced. That is why I responded to your post asking if you could simply supply the actual link rather than a page full of advertising...at least that is what appeared when I went to the URL.

HP Recommended

Ahhh I have adblock so I never came across any issues with the site, sorry for that.

You should be able to access the troubleshooter by right clicking the audio icon on the taskbar in the bottom right corner of your screen, and select "Troubleshoot Sound Problems". Then just follow the troubleshooter or what i have said in my prior messages, and all the issues will hopefully be resolved.

Sorry for my late reply

HP Recommended

Okay...something seems pretty dodgey...this might just be a crazy superstition, but the page from the link i posted doesnt have ads that get in the way (turned off adblock for the page) and the page is really straight forward so...seems kinda dodgey...also i never recieved any message from @andymancan about the link besides their most recent one...

This is all just speculation but something dodgey seems to be going on...i mean why hp would sell a laptop with clearly faulty drivers in the first place...definetely would be a good way of making money from people getting replacements, and even that will do nothing, as the issue is software related so it just begins and continues a cycle of repairs and reolacements.

Though this is all just pure, possibly crazy speculation

HP Recommended

Even I had the same problem for hp au111tx model purchased in mid august.tried several ways to solve this issues.but nothing worked out yet

I am 100% sure the problem with the compatibility of B&O speakers with realtek audio. Because i did intsall one driver like some other guy mentioned in this community from http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/model/11991509/docume...

And now the issue is gone .So as the B&O speaker is gone. If you update again it will come.Better stick to it untill HP comes up with any new driver specificALLY for  B&O.

Knock knock...@HP India ..you are listening right...better now 

HP Recommended

Hi Guys

Just to ket you know I have had some success with using the latest driver - direct from www.Realtek.com

This was just released at end of November.  Shows on their site as vers R2.8, once installed windows shows it as vers 6.0.1.8004

I have used this on a few different units I have repaired and in each case the issue seems resolved. But as they are not my personal machine I do not know if it lasts ok after a few days use ( but have had no complaints so far ).

As this is a newer driver than windows updates - it will not get removed by windows - until microsoft come up with more updates anyway 😉

- it also keeps your B&O software so sound is better than some of the other generic drivers mentioned in earlier posts.

Hopefully this new driver will soon come via windows updates and HP website but in the meawhile give it a try.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Tried the update with the Realtek drivers as per the previous post and so far so good but as mentioned, this may only last up until the next HP update...will wait and see if Good Santa brings us luck with this!

HP Recommended

It still bothers me that they can't put this fix on the HP FAQ or even as a fix under the updates for this model. The more people I speak with the more I hear frustration regarding others having had similar bad experience with HP products. I blame myself for not learning from prior poor experiences with previous HP laptops for business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.