Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Right click the speaker icon, select playback devices, select the communications tab, select "Do Nothing"  It's worked so far for me when I had this issue.  Seems like it would hear itself (the speakers), think it was speech and turn the volume down by the specified %.  Mine was set to 80% initially, set it to "Do Nothing" and so far so good.  This would also seem to be in line with the problem going away with a pause but then coming right back after hitting play. Just a suggestion/something to try

HP Recommended

seems like having the same issue as most people, is there a way to change to just the default windows driver?

HP Recommended

Check out this Solution http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-sound-decrease-continuously-to-no-sound-when/td-... with the clear0.exe 

My Problem is, when i download the exe nothing happens when i open it. Can som1 confirm that?

HP Recommended

Horults post (page 4)  certainly worked for me. My laptop was only a few weeks old but the driver was not the latest from the Realtek.com website. Downloaded and a reboot - problem fixed.

HP Recommended
Wait one Werk, in my case the Problem came back after a couple oft days. I offen thought wow, now the Problem is gone, but in the long turn nothing fixed it. Not even after formating my system.
HP Recommended

I have had success combining two previous messages in this thread from Horult and BChizzle:

@Horult wrote:

Hi Guys

Just to ket you know I have had some success with using the latest driver - direct from www.Realtek.com

This was just released at end of November.  Shows on their site as vers R2.8, once installed windows shows it as vers 6.0.1.8004

I have used this on a few different units I have repaired and in each case the issue seems resolved. But as they are not my personal machine I do not know if it lasts ok after a few days use ( but have had no complaints so far ).

As this is a newer driver than windows updates - it will not get removed by windows - until microsoft come up with more updates anyway Smiley Wink

- it also keeps your B&O software so sound is better than some of the other generic drivers mentioned in earlier posts.

Hopefully this new driver will soon come via windows updates and HP website but in the meawhile give it a try.

Good luck!

and

@BChizzle wrote:

Right click the speaker icon, select playback devices, select the communications tab, select "Do Nothing"  It's worked so far for me when I had this issue.  Seems like it would hear itself (the speakers), think it was speech and turn the volume down by the specified %.  Mine was set to 80% initially, set it to "Do Nothing" and so far so good.  This would also seem to be in line with the problem going away with a pause but then coming right back after hitting play. Just a suggestion/something to try

I have tried this solution for a little more than a week now and so far things have been better. That said, I don't think the issue is completely fixed since the volume still fluctuates noticeably on occasion. It doesn't fall to inaudible levels like it did originally but it's an acceptable amount for the improvement in sound quality and lack of distortion I notice when using the generic Windows driver. I recommend trying these yourself and hopefully by the time the next driver update is released the issue will be completely taken care of.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much the Realtek download seems to have worked on my HP Pavilion. The Bios wouldn't download on my laptop.  So my fingers are crossed after trying all the other stuff laboriously.

HP Recommended

I too was dealing with this issue and got fed up trying to resolve it myself. I contacted HP and learned this is a hardware issue. The speakers were replaced and I have not had an problem since.

Inform them upfront that you have already updating the drivers to avoid going through the process of setting up remote assistance for no reason.

HP Recommended

When you right click the speaker icon and enter into properties, we dont have enhancement tab. Instead go to advanced tab and uncheck that check box stating "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". It will resolve our problem.

HP Recommended

@1time wrote:

I too was dealing with this issue and got fed up trying to resolve it myself. I contacted HP and learned this is a hardware issue. The speakers were replaced and I have not had an problem since.

Inform them upfront that you have already updating the drivers to avoid going through the process of setting up remote assistance for no reason.

Correction. The the dreaded fade came back. Contacted HP again. This time they updated the audio drivers then updated the BIOs. Both can be found here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-m3-u000-x360-Convertible-PC/10862152/mod...

I'll post if anything chagnes, but for now I have sound.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.