Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15 GEM CUT Whiskey Lake Microarchitecture
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new HP Spectre x360 15 GEM CUT i7-8565u laptop 3 months ago. Everything is working fine. I did not know that Spectre series has 4 B&O Speakers. I never noticed that my 1 right speaker is always working. Bottom speakers and left speaker are not working. I uninstall and remove the all audio drivers, restart the laptop and re-install the drivers from HP Support Assistant. Issue did not resolve. Then i restart the laptop and press F2 and check the audio test, there was no error and test was passed.

I searched on Google bud did not find the solution. Can anyone help me that how can i fix this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MunawarSM,

I recommend you perform reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a reset.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MunawarSM,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is the Product number: 4WW36UA#ABA

I will wait for your solution.

HP Recommended

@MunawarSM,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver and then download and install it from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp97001-97500/sp97021.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then I recommend you run the audio troubleshooter following the below steps.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
  2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter. 

You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start  > Settings > System  > Sound  > Troubleshoot.

If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, continue to the next tip.

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update   > Check for updates.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip. 
    • If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now
  3.  Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
  4.  Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for giving me the solution in details.

Now the bottom two speakers and right are working properly.

Left speaker is not working.

Now what to do ?

HP Recommended

@MunawarSM,

I recommend you perform reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a reset.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Interestingly i did not re-set my windows. I installed New BIOS Software version from HP Support Assistant and now all my 4 speakers are working fine. I am happy and enjoying. Thanks HP.

HP Recommended

@MunawarSM,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.