Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get Bang and Olufsen audio manager to work on my Omen any longer. 

With that said, I recently had to reformat my HD, I do not have a restore USB. So, I had to do everything manually. However as it seems not everything is the way as it was or used to be. 

Would like to have a loud computer again with out having speakers attached and would like the goodies to work. 

wjoconnorjr_0-1579639318418.png

My computer stats are as follows.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home (x64) 
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 5/29/2019 5:49:51 PM
Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)
Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot
System Model
HP OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
System Serial Number: 5CDXXXX
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor
a
2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i5-8300H
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
Main Circuit Board
b
Board: HP 84DA 93.21

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: AMI F.08 02/21/2019
Drives
1126.83 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
434.98 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
LITEON CA3-8D128-HP [Hard drive] (128.03 GB) -- drive 0,

ST1000LM049-2GH172 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 1,
s/n , rev RXM3, SMART Status: Healthy
Memory Modules
c,d
12098 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'Bottom - Slot 1 (top)' has 4096 MB 
Slot 'Bottom - Slot 2 (under)' has 8192 MB 
Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 126.65
GB
30.87 GB
free
d: (NTFS on drive 1) 1000.19
GB
GB free
* Operating System is installed on c:
Network Drives
None detected
Users
local user accounts last logon
willi 8/6/2019 2:01:41 PM (admin)
local system accounts
X Administrator 4/29/2019 3:17:13
PM
(admin)
X DefaultAccount never
X Guest never
X WDAGUtilityAccount never
Font Driver Host domain logons
UMFD-0 8/6/2019 2:01:40 PM
UMFD-1 8/6/2019 2:01:40 PM
UMFD-2 7/18/2019 1:46:26
AM

The license associated with the Belarc Advisor product allows for free personal home use only. Use on computers in a corporate,
educational, military or government installation is prohibited. See the license agreement for details. The information on this page
was created locally on your computer by the Belarc Advisor . Your computer pro¦le was not sent to a web server . 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@wjoconnorjr Greetings from the HP Community!

Did you attempt to reinstall the software?

If you haven't, please remove the software and try downloading and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also reinstall the B&o guide:

Click here to download

When the re-installation has completed,

restart the notebook

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

YesI uninstalled reinstalled thrice over.

HP Recommended

@wjoconnorjr To confirm, you've installed the driver using the link I shared, once the driver was uninstalled? If no, please use the link,

If yes, create a new user account, retry the above steps, if the issue persists, update the BIOS, Chipset and audio drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.

And let me know how that goes.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ah, yours specifically. No, doing that now. 

Bill

HP Recommended

This did not work. I lost sound. I had to uninstall drivers again and reboot. let windows reinstall default.

HP Recommended

@wjoconnorjr In that case, please create a new user account and check the other steps I suggested,

Get back to us with the results, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why am I creating a new HP account??? 

Are you insinuating that a user account has something to do with downloading faulty drivers. This is NOT good trouble shooting and is no way a valid answer. I will have to escalate your answer. Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@wjoconnorjr We are creating a new user account, because certain software installations over the time may affect or conflict with the audio application, creating a fresh account wouldn't have any of those applications, hence it would give us a clear picture if this is an issue with the user account or something to do with the audio driver alone, this is only a suggestion to understand the issue, I'm not asking you to delete your old account and use the new one, just create one to test!

And keep me posted!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.