Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power cb013na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers to try and resolve this but it has not worked. Got this laptop yesterday and had this problem from the very beginning.

Every time headphones are plugged in to the jack, the B&O Play Experience slider and options are switched off and turn dark so I cannot change any options as shown below.

B&O Play.png

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@dpat91

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the B&O Play Experience is disabled when headphones are plugged in,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt to reinstall the B&o Application?

If you haven't, you might want to as it should resolve the issue: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Thank you for replying.

Yes I did attempt to reinstall the B&O App

As I understand, it is part of the Realtek Driver package which was one of the first things I tried to reinstall.

Still same problem.

HP Recommended

@dpat91

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

To Clarify, did you reinstall the application using the recovery manager as suggested on the link I had shared earlier or was it by reinstalling the driver package from device manager as it makes a big difference.

If you haven't reinstalled the same from the recovery manager, please do and also, install the latest version of the BIOS, Chipset, and Audio drivers to be on a safer side: Click here to find and install.

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

I tried using the recovery manager but unfortunately I cannot do it as the option to reinstall is not clickable and says that "this option is no longer available after the Windows update".

I instead downloaded the audio and BIOS drivers from the driver page of the HP website and installed it that way. This is the link I used: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-power-15-cb000-laptop-pc/15551388/model...

Under Driver-Chipset, there are 5 downloads available, which one should I use?

HP Recommended

@dpat91

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I recommend you install all 5 updates as they are regarding the Chipset driver & software involved,

That said, Click here to download the B&o Software, however, if this doesn't do the trick, I'm afraid OS reinstallation is the only option left.

Click here for instructions.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I realize this thread is a little older now but I wanted to mention I have the same issue. The difference is my system has the HP Audio Control Panel and a Realtek driver. The HP Audio Control Panel GUI is virtually the same as yours. And I experience the same issue using headphones. My daughter has an HP 15 series with a DTS Control Panel and a Realtek driver and she does not experience this. She gets full functionality of both the Audio enhancements and the EQ with headphones plugged in. 

It's a mixed bag and it's really not cool that HP can't say exactly what the default behavior is and why. And how to make it work with headphones correctly. 

Here's two other similar threads. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Re-Bang-and-Olufsen-settings-greyed-out-when-headphone-...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Realtek-Enhancements-won-t-stay-on-with-headphones/m...

HP Recommended

headphones.jpg

Sup, Tim. Came here for the same reason, and I'd written out this  long reply detailing the rabbit hole I went down and the things I tried to fix this problem I'm not even sure is fixable... but then my husband came back from walmart and handed me this pair of bluetooth heaphones. They're so comfortable that it feels like the very clouds of heaven are pumping music into my ears. Settings only greyed out when things were plugged in to aux port so I can stop obsessing over this mess for the time being.

HP Recommended

It's good to have the issue validated. Surprising that HP doesn't know with absolute certainty what the behavior is supposed to be both for headphones and without. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.