Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 bc-404ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

B & O Play mode not active 😞
I installed the audio driver from the official HP SP88001 website and ran into this problem: when connecting the speakers, the B & O Play mode does not turn on. Reinstalling Windows also did not help.  When buying was Windows 10 v1809, now v1903. Help solve this problem.
111.png

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Alexander31 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Did you update the BIOS from the HP website?

(Click here to find and install, if you haven't)

If the issue persists, please try the below steps:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with the High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
  12. Enjoy your music now with no compression

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I did everything as you described: installing the BIOS, reinstalling the driver manually. But the problem is still there.

HP Recommended

Безымdянный.png

HP Recommended

Безымяgнный.png

HP Recommended

@Alexander31

please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: Click here (updated)
  • Then check if the issue gets resolved.

If it still does not work follow this link: http://hp.care/2yZOwpo and check the third party link which has resolved the issue for another customer. This has been authored by a forum expert and is accepted as a solution.

This is a third party link. Please follow only instructions on it. Do not click on any image, link. ad, download or icon. It is strictly to follow instructions and screenshots (if found) only. Please adhere to this.

You may want to backup all your personal data and perform a system reset using the steps mentioned here to resolve the issue,

If the issue persists, you may need to reinstall the OS using the HP Recovery manager: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. The link to the drivers that you sent me is not suitable for my Pavilion 15 bc-404ur, perhaps this could damage my computer. As for data reset: this model is sold without Windows pre-installed. After manually installing Windows 10 v1903 from the official website, all the latest drivers were installed on the HP website for the “link” of my computer and the latest Windows updates. I do not know what to do, I really love music, and with such a sound it becomes terrible to listen to music, the computer costs a lot of money. Before that, I had a Pavilion 15 p-003cp series laptop, and the sound was much better. Now you need to listen to music from your phone, while the problem is relevant. Please help me. Any questions, ask screenshots, I will provide everything.

HP Recommended

@Alexander31 I've updated the links to your product page, that said, I suggest you also run a speaker/audio card test to be on a safe side, using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click component Tests.
  • Click Audio / SpeakerTest.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yylAREjx7CY.jpg

HP Recommended

@Alexander31 It looks like you've got an older version of the h/w diagnostics, please use this link to install the latest version and then follow the same steps as suggested before to perform the relevant steps: Click here

For more details: Click here

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.