Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I had my B&O app working just fine, until recently that I got a Realtek High-Definition audio driver update (softpack number: sp92810 Version: 6.0.1.8519) on my HP Support Assistant along with a system BIOS update. I finished installing them and it restarts but now my speakers won't work, my B&O icon disapeared and when I check on my computer's audio settings it just recognizes them Realtek speakers, and when I plug in my earphones it works. I would like to re-install my B&O drive or something and get my speakers working again... 

Thank you for your help!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Palgao

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the audio.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the computer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. (Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type "Find and Fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer -

Step 3 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 4 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 5 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue still persists, perform a diagnostic test -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F2 once. 
4) Go to Component test. 
5) From the list, run the Audio test. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you so much! I got them up and working back already! I was wondering if you could also help me out with the link to downloading the B&O driver ?

HP Recommended

@Palgao

Thanks for replying. Happy to hear that your issue is resolved. 

Could you please help us with the product# of the computer? 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure thing! the product number is 3PX77LA#ABM 

Happy Holidays btw! I send my best wishes for you and your family, thank you again for all the help

HP Recommended

@Palgao

Thanks for replying. 

The B&O is integrated in the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver. Here's the latest driver link.

You may also refer to this document - Using the Bang and Olufsen Audio App to adjust the settings. 

Have a great day and happy holidays to you 🙂

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up".

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Hey sorry again... I had the speakers working again, all i was missing was the B&O app cause it disappeared... BUUUUUUT I downloaded the one you sent me and I lost the speakers again.... sad.. and I tried doing all the same I had done before to get it working, BUUUUUT it didnt work... :l help pleaseeeee?

HP Recommended

Like, I can see the speakers are ok on the task bar theu are plugged in and recognixed,  but no sound, comes up...

even if I play something on iTunes it never moves from 00:00's on the player. 

HP Recommended

@Palgao

Thanks for replying. 

Did you try re-installing the audio drivers? Try restoring the computer back to the date when it was working fine -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
7) Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
8) Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.