11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

u104nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I upgraded the Realtek Audio Driver using Support Assistant.

1)The first time I updated it B&O Eq disappeared from the bar but I could find it using cortana

2)Now I don't have B&O Eq anymore. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,055 9,844 922 1,486
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

Hello, @cicco4 - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I would like to help 🙂

I understand that the B&O Equalizer Software panel is missing on your PC. Try the steps mentioned below to fix the issue:

I did some digging in the RealTek driver page and found that there is a new driver update released in the Jan 25th 2017. Let’s give it a try:

• First, completely uninstall the audio drivers that are currently on your PC.
  • Go to device manager – Right-click and uninstall the RealTek audio drivers.
  • Make sure to click on the box which says to “Delete the driver software”.
  • Now restart the computer.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78953.exe download and install the new RealTek drivers.
  • Restart the computer once done.

Now, check the taskbar as shown below:

b_o.png

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
cicco4 Tutor
Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

Thank you for your answer.

I forgot to say that B&O disappeared after installing the new driver.

I did the same things you said.

1) There were issues while updating the driver (every time I rebooted the pc Realtek SW tried to uninstall the driver again) so I completely removed it using an external software uninstaller. I managed to update correctly to the last version.

2) B&O Driver disappeared. I also tried to do a roll back but nothing happened.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,055 9,844 922 1,486
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

Hello @cicco4

Thanks for the update!

If the issue started happening after a recent update, then you might be able to restore the system to a point before. System Restore automatically creates restore points, a memory of the system files and settings on the computer at a particular point in time. Then, when you use System Restore to restore your computer to a point in time before an issue began, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Check http://hp.care/2faJZ9U for details

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
cicco4 Tutor
Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

I can't restore previous configuration. The program says that some files cannot be restored.

Do you know where B&O files are located?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,934 19,567 1,639 2,709
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

@cicco4

It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he's out for the day,

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I reviewed your post and it looks like the update as upgraded your Audio drivers while the program/controller has been removed,

Don't worry, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many others: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
cicco4 Tutor
Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

I tried to uninstall and install the driver many times. Now I have B&O Sw but it is not between the icons in the notifications area

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,934 19,567 1,639 2,709
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B&O u104nl

@cicco4

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If you've done all the steps exactly how it's mentioned on the related forums post I had shared, I recommend you restore original application and drivers using the HP Recovery Manager: Click here for details.

If the issue persists, we'll be at the end of the line and left with the last step, performing recovery to restore the OS back to factory defaults: Click here for more details.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation