Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

BEATS AUDIO PANEL HAS NO EFFECT ON SOUND ENABLED OR DISABLED

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP ENVY 14t-3000 SPECTRE CTO N
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My computer boots and the beats audio indicator light comes on glowing red indicating Beats Audio enabled.  I navigate to the Beats Audio Control Panel an can get there with no problem.  

In the listening experience area I can tic the Beats Audio box and the indicator light goes on and off but there is NO difference in the sound.

I changed the equalizer and other faders from one extreme to the next, repeated tic and untic of Beats Audio and nothing. Ive got a good ear and can hear subtle diffences.

Also the Beats power button on the side of the computer above the dial that controls the volume does not turn the indicator light on or off however the volume dial wil increase and or decrease volume when used and the mute button below it works. 

I clicked defalt settings in Advanced then tried again and no change

Im on win 7 ultimate x64

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: BEATS AUDIO PANEL HAS NO EFFECT ON SOUND ENABLED OR DISABLED

@ClintFromNYtoVA

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having beats audio issue on your HP notebook. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: 

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS). 

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. 

For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP forums: click here 

• Perform a hard reset 

• Reset BIOS to defaults 

• Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) 

• Update the BIOS 

• Reset your computer 

• Perform an HP System Recovery

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation