Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook M9F50EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an HP Envy 15 notebook with Bang & Olufsen audio and it seems that the speakers designated for the B&O audio are not working. I have tried driver updates and installed whatever update there was and everything is "up-to-date". I have troubleshooted sound problems, done every process it has guided me through but no solution has been found yet There is supposed to be sound coming from the long speaker grille as shown shown below - 

IMAG1776-min.jpg

But instead sound is coming from two two tinny sounding speakers at the back of the laptop-

IMAG1772-min.jpgIMAG1773-min.jpg

There's also supposed to be a subwoofer at he back right up here^^^ near the fan. But there seems to be no bass present in the sound as the speaker grille and the subwoofer are not working.

As you can see -Capture.PNG

I have adjusted the bass levels to maximum on both- the equalizer and the slider beside it and I have even ticked the 'Bang & Olufsen box' to ensure that sound is being played in the B&O mode. Using these settings I have tried playing various different songs and watching movies but the sounds only seem to come from the two tiny back speakers. Nothing from the subwoofer or the grille.

Overall, I believe that from the money I paid  for the whole laptop, some of the value is for the "Hi-Fi" B&O upgraded audio system which is not working but instead playing sounds from the default laptop speakers. I would really appreciate and be thankful to who ever knows the solution to this issue.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello @arman_alam,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the sound issue, and wanted to assist you!

I understand that you tried updating the drivers.  Have you tried uninstalling the driver, and allowing the system to search for a compatible driver?  You can also try restoring the BIOS to the default settings.  You can use this document to help you, if needed:

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

If you are still having trouble, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Oh My God, I uninstalled Realtek HD Audio Driver from the control panel, sound is gone, Bang & Olufsen equaliser has disappeared !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant't undo/restore point etc.  PLUS THIS-Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello @arman_alam,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Try reinstalling, or updating the Audio Driver, using the document provided in my previous post.  Please post back with the results.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your further help, I just used HP Recovery Manager and the sound is back but still sounding very tin-like. I have noticed that some other customers have also complained about the B&O sound quality on the HP-ENVY notebooks but there hasn't been a problem solving solution submitted yet. I have tried every step you told me to try but the sound is still coming from the 2 small speakers underneath, the long speaker with the tiny holes is not producing a single sound and the subwoofer underneath is not working, which I assume both should  when I click the Bang & Olufsen box in the equaliser. Still, the same source of sound. Playing very bassy songs such as The Hills by The Weeknd is not sounding bass-filled at all!                                 

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello @arman_alam,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Based on the information that you provided, you may consider contacting HP Phone Support.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Now I'm in India and they are saying that they don't have support for this model here.

Plz reply ASAP.

HP Recommended

I got the same problem Technical support does not have the answer must be a software problem?

My laptop sound like a can of tins being shaken.

Best d

HP Recommended

Hi @dejazzy1,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the Bang & Olufsen audio is not working. I will be glad to help you.

Did you try the steps list in this post?

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Yeah from what I have read a lot of people are having the same or similiar problems. My first brand new one had to be brought back due to a weird sound. It was replaced as there was obviously a problem. The second one was making a strange hissing noise. This was all in the space of 2 weeks. My advice would be to anyone who reads this to get a different type lap top without B and O. HP are great and have been for years but the fact that I have seen them on another persons post try to pass the issue onto B and O is ridiculous. Put it this way you buy a new lap top you expect it to work like new. There is obviously a big problem with the way they are being made and perhaps that's why I have been seeing them discounted. HP you are wasting peoples time. Just sort the problem out with B and O and not have your customer do it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.