Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen X 17-Inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Bang & Olufsen audio (microphone) application used to have a setting allowing the user to switch between "Single Voice" and "Multiple Voices".  If you have the microphone set to "Single Voice" and two people are positioned next to each other in front of the computer, the microphone muffles or eliminates both voices.  You either must position yourself directly in front of the computer, or change the setting to "Multiple Voices" for the microphone to work properly.

So in this day-and-age of Virtual Meetings or family online get-togethers, a properly working microphone is essential.

Some time in the past month, something was updated in my computer, and although the Bang & Oulfsen application is still there, the specific Single/Multiple Voices setting option has disappeared - and the Single Voice setting is in effect.

I've seen this subject come up here on the forum in the past, and the only solutions I've found was to roll-back (greyed-out).

I've tried other HP-identified drivers, but nothing addresses this problem.

A solution (perhaps a registry setting) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ummm.   It would appear that re-installing the Realtek HD Audio drivers (Windows 10 - V1909) on my Windows 10 V2004 system solved the problem.

I downloaded/executed the drivers from the HP drivers site for my computer, rebooted, and then checked for the missing setting, which still wasn't there.  It would appear, however, that while I was entering my original post, it completed installing, and the missing setting reappeared and seems to be working fine.

My apologies.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.