Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Eventually sent it back to HP 1 speaker had failed now returned great volume but quality leaves a lot to be desired.  The B&O app is not very good truly basic GUI amateurish just have to put up with it.

HP Recommended

What a dispointment, €1000 euro and the sound is truly awful, unbelievable from Hewlett Packard (HP) and B & O. two days old and its a POS. The guy in the shop will be taking this HP Notebook off me and I will get my money back. Totally unaccebtable. 

HP Recommended

Hi guys, maybe you can try this, on Bang & Olufsen Sound Manager, when you listening to music, click the Listening Experience, you can  choose Music, turn up the bass, treble and dialog clarity higher, then on the Graphic Equalizer choose Club, i find the sound much better and louder.. hope this help

HP Recommended
Tried all this. The bass just gets really distorted. Think it somehow need a separate sub but still use the built in speakers for the treble.
Not very well thought out.
HP Recommended

Update: Laptop is only 3 months old and now not only is the sound not superb (as it never was and I never expected it to be), now it's all disjointed and doesn't even work when you turn the audio on above an 8 !! Oh well, at least there's a warranty on this thing... 😕

HP Recommended

Respectfully disagree because my smaller  HTC  One cellphone has a smaller low profile as well and literally has less then 5% of speaker grill  compared to my HP 17T laptop and yet puts out an incredible amount of volume. Extremely disappointed and livid with the tinny sound coming out of these laptop speakers. HP truly dropped the ball this time around.

HP Recommended

Now back to square 1 sound has gone again nothing appears to solve this. It was working well following its return it appears that there is a conflict between any audio updated driver and The HP sound system. Dissapointing. Never want another HP laptop. You get what you pay for.8

HP Recommended

Well I think I found a work around for my HP Envy 17t. Like I mentioned, HP really dropped the ball on this one. Before the sound was low had to get over 50% volume just so that I could start to hear anything, unbelievable. Went into Bang & Olufsen to adjust the setting and couldn't get the sound effects or outputs to work at all, never did work from the beginning. Can you believe that even after using their HP Support Assistant and downloaded their updated Conexant HD driver, it made matters worst, no sound came out of speakers whatsoever, looked down on taskbar and there was an "X" over the speaker icon. So What I did was started from scratch and went to the Windows Device Manger. Then went to Conexant ISST Audio hardware controller under "Sound. video and game controllers". Right clicked on it and chose to uninstall it. When the next window pops up, checked off the box... Deleted the driver software for this device. It took a while for it to carry out the uninstall, was patient. Prompted to restart computer, restarted it. Once it did, went back to the device manager and it reinstalled with a new driver off the internet. Now I can hear the sound starting at 14%. That being said, went to the Bang and Olufsen settings "without raising the volume, and actually increased the sound outputs for music, movie, voice and the equalizer, not the speaker volume, left at 14%. Now it's considerably louder, like night and day. The equalizer portion should have 5 adjustments from 100hz to 10 khz. Not like the original one that had like 7 or 8 adjustments. Good luck.

HP Recommended

I happened to install the drivers that were recommended for my 2017 HP Spectre 15".  It replaced the generic driver I had installed and... wow, the sound is terrible.  I'm listening with $200 earbuds and everything absolutely everything sounds like garbage.  How the heck did anyone sign off on this?  Now I have to try to figure out how to get their harpies-screeching-at-a-passing-ship sound driver off and return to a generic one.

edit: I highly recommend going into device manager, finding your sound driver (one of the realtek ones), go to driver --> update driver -->browse my computer for driver software --> let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer --> uncheck show compatible hardware, then go to microsoft and choose High Definition Audio Device.  The generic microsoft sound drivers are lightyears beyond anything Bang and Olufson did or came up with.  Yikes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.