Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2021cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PRODUCT NUMBER: 6MW76UA#ABA

This new laptop is marketed as having a Band & Olufsen audio system...it has a B&O logo silkscreened on the bottom side of the keyboard.  That being said it it uses a Realtek audio chip.  I'm not impressed that my only audio control is volume up/down...you'd think there would be a B&O equalizer available to control the audio spectrum.  See pics below.  I've looked a million ways 'til Sunday on the internet looking for an audio package that is supposed to accompany this laptop but no luck.  It's using a generic driver that's part of Windows 10.  So...where do I find the audio package that is meant for this laptop?  The sound on this laptop is just dreadful...sounds like cheap transistor radio (if you are old enough to remember those)...LOL!  BTW, for grins I ran the HP Audio Check troubleshooter.  Refer to the pic below of the results.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Banhien

As I had mentioned, I looked a million ways 'til Sunday looking for the HP package to resolve this problem.  I had noted about 1/2 dozen other threads on this topic and you were kind enough to respond in a similar fashion to others by providing a link for the sp97110.exe file.  You may have not noticed but the link you provided does NOT work and others had pointed this out.  However, I was able to Google "sp97110.exe" and found it on softpedia.com.  I followed your instructions and can report the equalizer is now available.

For others with this problem, after you install sp97110.exe and reboot you should be able to find the HP Audio Control app under your programs.  Click on Output and below B&O Experience you should be able to see the equalizer.  I have included below a pic.

This laptop is never going to be a boombox and a lot of folks are going to be disappointed in the sound quality from their Bang & Olufsen laptop audio feature but I guess there's only so much you can do with a 15" laptop.  My prior HP Pavilion laptop was a 17" that had a subwoofer on the bottom and a Beats audio implementation but that laptop was a monster in size coming in at nearly 8 lbs whereas this new laptop is barely 4 lbs and very thin.

Capture3.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DosPueblos 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp97001-97500/sp97110.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

As I had mentioned, I looked a million ways 'til Sunday looking for the HP package to resolve this problem.  I had noted about 1/2 dozen other threads on this topic and you were kind enough to respond in a similar fashion to others by providing a link for the sp97110.exe file.  You may have not noticed but the link you provided does NOT work and others had pointed this out.  However, I was able to Google "sp97110.exe" and found it on softpedia.com.  I followed your instructions and can report the equalizer is now available.

For others with this problem, after you install sp97110.exe and reboot you should be able to find the HP Audio Control app under your programs.  Click on Output and below B&O Experience you should be able to see the equalizer.  I have included below a pic.

This laptop is never going to be a boombox and a lot of folks are going to be disappointed in the sound quality from their Bang & Olufsen laptop audio feature but I guess there's only so much you can do with a 15" laptop.  My prior HP Pavilion laptop was a 17" that had a subwoofer on the bottom and a Beats audio implementation but that laptop was a monster in size coming in at nearly 8 lbs whereas this new laptop is barely 4 lbs and very thin.

Capture3.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.