Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently downloaded and installed the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for windows 10.

it resolved my problem (audio being flat) but upon clicking the Bang and Olufsen audio control it would not open. Clicking it does nothing. Not even an icon on the Taskbar.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JoloPanaligan

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 series laptop. I read that you downloaded and installed the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 10 and that fixed an audio issue with the laptop. But the Bang and Olufsen audio control is not working. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio (a little bit sneaky, wouldn’t you say?).
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllerssection, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead ofRealtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
  12. Enjoy your music now with no compression!!

If the issue persists then try downloading and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also reinstall the Bang and Olufsen GUI.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80538.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.