Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do you take the photo?

HP Recommended

Oh the image of the screen? go to the Search Bar (Cortana) in the tool bar and type Snipping Tool.

Choose it from the list that pops open.

It has options for full screen, window or rectangular tool.

You'll get the idea when you try it.

Hit the Save icon to put the image where ever just like saving a photo.

HP Recommended

Cool, thanks

HP Recommended

I believe you are correct that this normal behaviour on HP systems with Bang & Olufsen software using the Bang & Olufsen control panel. We have three different laptops using the same B&O control panel, on all three the control panel is greyed out when you plug in headphones. Also, it is incorrect that the equalizer still works, on all three computers when a pair of headphones is connected, the control panel greys out/disables the Bang & Olufsen Experience on-off switch along with the Bass, Treble, Voice Clarity sliders, also the Equalizer is greyed out/disabled.

HP Recommended

I have three different HP Laptops that all have the same behaviour in the Bang & Olufsen Control Panel when headphones are inserted. As it does the same thing on all three systems, it must be normal for these settings to be disabled when headphones are inserted into the audio jack. Attatched is a photo of the contol panel opened with a pair of headphones inserted and the  Bang & Olufsen Experience switch,Bass slider, Treble slider, Equalizer, and Movie, Voice Clarity, and Music mode controls greyed out/disabled.Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes that is correct, depending on what model you have, the driver installed can be different. Did you install the download on page 2 of this thread and try it? It work for myself and the OP.

HP Recommended

The following happens when using headphones:

On two newer HP Envy Laptops that come with the Conexant ISST High Definition Audio Driver the control panel is called Bang & Olufsen Audio Control Panel the three mode options, all three sliders, and the enable/disable Bang & Olufsen Experience  switch are greyed out. Also the equalizer is greyed out and does not work.

On and older HP Pavilion laptop that comes with the Realtek High Definition driver the control panel is called B&O Play Audio Control, the three modes, all three sliders, and the enable/disable B&O Play Experience switch is greyed out. The equalizer is available in this version of the software.

I do not know if the difference is the version of B&O software in use, or if is the audio driver installed. The two different drivers mentioned above are what come installed from HP on the respective systems. No changes were made from the original factory settings.

HP Recommended

I dont have any devices with the Conextant drivers, only Realtec Audio. So I cannot speak for the first.

With  Realtec, Yes the Equalizer is still accessable with ear phones as you found.

I too have asked around about the difference with Conexant vs Realtec, but have yet to get an answer. 

Sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.