Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to adjust equalizer settings through the Beats Audio on my HP Pavilion DV6 , I get no difference in the sound even though all sliders are moveable.  Can anybody help on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Deleted audio drivers 3-4 times with a reboot each time and on fourth try, the equaluzer sliders are now working perfectly. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings @Bellamonieman

Thanks for the post. 

I understand you are unable to use the Beats Audio equalizer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you to uninstall the audio driver on your computer from device manager. 

Restart your computer. 

Run HP Support Assistant to update the audio driver on your computer and then check if it responds. Click here to know about HPSA.

Also, try installing the update from this link and let me know it works. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
In my Sound, video and game I have 2 files. One is the IDT High Def Audio Coder and the other one is the Intel Display Audio. Do I remove both or just the IDT High Def one?
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please delete both the audio drivers listed, and install the updated driver from HPSA and let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Uninstalled both, restarted and opened HP Support Assistant but can't find where to find updated drivers????

HP Recommended

OK was still unable to find how to update drivers from HPSA but did update through link provided. When clicking on updating my system, receive message stating that everything is up to date.  However the Beats equalizer still has no sound difference when adjusting sliders on screen. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer to check if the drivers are available for Windows 10. Click here for assistance. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

If the computer came with Windows 10. You can use HP Recovery manager to install the drivers that came with the computer. Click here

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The product is the B4T87UA#ABL.  It did not come with Windows 10.  I was upgraded to it.  Beats was working fine a few months ago (last time that I had played with the equalizer sliders) and this after Windows 10 was installed.

HP Recommended

Deleted audio drivers 3-4 times with a reboot each time and on fourth try, the equaluzer sliders are now working perfectly. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear that your computer is working fine. 

Please do post your technical queries on HP Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.