Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beats Audio is gone after windows 10 update

hp pavilion dv7t 7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been holding off on updating (not upgrade, update) my windows 10, last night I allowed the update to complete and install. 

Now my computer sound is very "tinny" like it was sound from a cellphone speaker, instead of the rich deep sound I always got before.

My laptop does have Beats installed on it, an HD audio program and the IDT driver that goes with it. However I do not see the program anymore and I cannot access any of the audio settings it allowed.

Every time I try to install or reinstall the HD audio driver, the installation freezes OR gives me an error message about access being denied (I am running as admin).

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103,641 97,665 15,172 23,348
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Lots of issues with IDT and W10.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W10 IDT audio driver works on your older PC.

After installing, restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

0 Kudos
Blueitup Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried this install, it never completes. I've let it run for over half an hour before.

0 Kudos
Blueitup Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually this time when I ran the file you linked, it worked until a point... where another window popped up and said:

Failed to copy files, Error#: -2147024891 [Access is denied]

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation