cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Beats Uninstalled after Windows Update

HP Recommended
D1D58UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys!

My laptop (Hp Envy m4) updated the other day and with the update, I lost beats.  The speakers sound horrible and I am assuming this is why?  I have tried reinstalling the audio driver but I get an error message saying that it will be aborted.  When I purchased the laptop windows 8 was installed but there was an automatic update last year to windows ten.  If anyone has any suggestions or can please help me out so I can get the speakers back to sounding normal? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 21
Level 21
124,396 114,577 18,531 28,267
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver from a newer model PC works for you...Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EVERY time Windows updates, I lose my Beats Audio drivers!  Boy, I understand all too well what you are experiencing.  I keep a folder in my downloads folder for all my HP Envy laptop drivers.  I had to.  Every darned tuesday when Windows decides to update itself, I have to reinstall the Realtec drivers.  Windows thinks we should just use all their drivers!  When the laptop boots up from the update, it sounds like two tin cans and a string.  Horrible!   Their sound drivers have no graphic equalizer.  No thanks.  I wish Windows would just leave our drivers alone!   Windows also puts a wonderful yellow ! trying to tell me my drivers are not theirs...   Frustrating.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I tried to download this audio driver that you suggested but I received the same error message.  "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted."   I do appreciate the help and anything else you could suggest?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am in the same boat! The worst is when I have an assignment to complete but I am unable to because there is a windows update that takes hours to finish.  What drivers are you using, was it the same one that I have been trying from the HP website? Do you also have th same laptop?  I definitely know what you mean as far as not having the equalizer, this thing sounds horrible!! Spent over a thousand for this "beats" laptop a few years back and now it doesn't even have beats. LOL  I feel the frustration. Do you know if there is a way to stop the automatic updates from windows? Maybe we can do it manually as opposed to having to go thru this so often.  Thanks and goodluck to you too!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation