Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. 

Earlier this summer I had to restore the operating system on my laptop (Windows 7). I used the pre-loaded recovery tool on the Recovery partition. Then, I re-installed the free Windows 10 upgrade and everything was fine after that, except for stuttery playback and the fact that Beats Audio disappeared from my computer. 

I've seen other solutions where people were given links to software to re-install it but I wasn't sure if they were right for my particular computer so I'm hesitant to try them. 

Can you provide a link to the appropriate Beats Audio software for my laptop? 

Also, if there's a solution to the "stuttery playback" problem, I would appreciate it if you could provide that, as well. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and reinstall the IDT HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also provide the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and reinstall the IDT HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also provide the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

That worked! Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.