Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have recently purchased a new Blue mic( Blue Snowball Ice) and at first it seems to work fine, but when I tested it using Audacity the mic was extremly quiet.I tested every possible way of making it lauder. It always has the same quiet audio level. Pls help me! P.S:"I have a HP Pavillion Desktop PC with Windows 8.1, and the PC is an AMD build." Thanks ZeroGene

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi TheZeroGene,

Have you tried changing the Recording Device settings in Windows 8? If not, here are the steps to do so:

1. Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen and select "Recording Devices." You will see a list of devices.

2. Right-click your default microphone (probably Blue Snowball Ice) and select "Properties."

3. Click the "Levels" tab and make sure the volume is at a 100 percent.

4. Click the "Custom" tab and make sure that "AGC" or "Mic Boost" is enabled.

5. Click OK

You might also try recording in a different program other than Audacity to see if it is an issue with Audacity or not. 

Try recording again and let us know if these steps resolve the issue or not.

Thanks!
-Mike

_______

I work on behalf of HP

**Click the KUDOS thumbs up button to say 'Thanks'**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Thx,

tried that and it only raised mic audio a bit more,

I just got a new mic and your tip has improved my new mics audio a lot more.

Thanks ZeroGen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.