1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth Speaker No audio

HP Notebook N3060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have been trying to connect my JBL Go bluetooth speaker to my laptop a several times. i tried rebooting the system and even followed some of the instructions i saw on the forum resolving such issues .

When i go to my Device Manager>Select my Bluetooth peripheral device>update driver software> then i try to choose the driver manually> but i dont see "Ports (COM & LPT)", so it doesn't work. I try to update the driver automatically, it says it is all up to date.

And, my JBL is working all fine, i just bought it today and it is connected to my phone very well.

it does connects, i can hear the audio for about for 10seconds and then no audio playback anymore. I really need help on this urgently

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 12732 824 1416
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth Speaker No audio

@johi

Welcome to HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you're trying to connect a JBL Go Bluetooth speaker to your HP laptop. When you go to the Device Manager>Select my Bluetooth peripheral device>update driver software> choose the driver manually> but you don't see "Ports (COM & LPT)", so it doesn't work. The drivers are updated. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l. (N3060 is a processor name)
  • Are you able to part other Bluetooth devices (if available) with your HP laptop?
  • Is the speaker pairing well with other devices (if available)?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Open Control Panel.

• Under Control Panel select Hardware and Sound, then Add a device.

• Select the HP bluetooth Speaker from the list.

Check the following items to troubleshoot Bluetooth issues.

• Make sure the device is turned on, is not low on battery power, and is not in sleep mode.

• Make sure the device is within wireless range of your computer, usually within six to nine feet. If you are not sure if the device is in range, move it closer to your computer, or put the device and computer in the same room.

• Make sure there are no other devices interfering with the wireless device, such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, or other wireless devices.

• If your computer uses an external Bluetooth adapter, make sure the adapter is attached and installed, and is working correctly.

• If Bluetooth is integrated into your computer, especially a notebook computer, make sure the Bluetooth radio transmitter is turned on. Many notebook computers have a button to turn the transmitter on and off. 

Make sure that Wi-Fi communication is turned on (notebook computers only).

If Wi-Fi communication is disabled, or Airplane Mode is enabled, the computer does not send or receive a Bluetooth signal. Follow these steps to turn on Wi-Fi:

• In Windows, search for and open Turn wireless communication on or off.

• Check the status of wireless devices. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned On and Airplane mode is turned Off. Figure 

• Windows 10: Toggle switch to turn wireless devices on or off

• Windows 10: Switch for toggling Wireless devices on or off

Figure : Windows 8: Toggle switch to turn wireless devices on or off

Windows 8: Switch for toggling Wireless devices on or off

Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and set to be discoverable on the device. When a device is set to be discoverable, it uses radio signals to broadcast its location to other Bluetooth devices and computers.

• A device such as a wireless mouse or a keyboard might have a button on it that you need to push.

• A device such as a Bluetooth mobile phone might have a setting in the menu that you need to select to turn on Bluetooth so the device can be discovered.

NOTE:

If you do not know how to set your device to be discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer website.

• A device such as a computer might need to have the Discovery setting turned on.

To turn on Discovery in Windows, search for and open Change Bluetooth settings.

The Bluetooth Settings window opens.

In the Discovery area on the Options tab, click Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC, and then click OK.

Figure : Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC selection in the Bluetooth Settings window

Bluetooth Settings window with Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC selected

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation