cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
AG07
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Bluetooth headphone audio shuttering

HP Recommended
HP 15-ac100

I'm using a SkullCandy Riff wireless headphones and I am facing audio shuttering issue. The audio seems to drop and its quite annoying. The drop percentage is quite high like more than half of the audio notes are getting dropped. I have checked most of the troubleshooting guides in the community and still the issue remains unsolved.  [Other wireless headphones too face the same issue when used with my hp laptop and the same headphones works perfectly fine with my mobile, secondary lap].  Kindly suggest ways to identify and fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,963 2,168
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AG07

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the version of Windows installed on your computer?

First, update the BIOS from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96831.exe

Once the BIOS is updated, then run the audio troubleshooter and it will automatically find and fix audio issues.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AG07
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

I'm on windows 10. Had updated it very recently. I have also updated bios using the link you have provided. I tried running the audio troubleshooter but it seems to not solve the issue[Din't detect any problems]. Any other fix that I can look into!?

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AG07

I recommend you uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac100-notebook-pc-series/8499326

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

AG07
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@The_Fossette.

I tried un-installing the driver completely and re-installing it again from the download patch you provided. But the issue is persisting. Can you please help me out with any other solution.

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AG07

I recommend you perform a recovery on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation