Highlighted
ScottMZ3 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both laptop internal speakers and external speakers play sound when using docking station

HP zBook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got a new HP zBook 15 with the slim docking station and am experiencing an issue related to the speaker output. If I plug my external powered Bose speakers into the line out of the docking station I get sound out of both the external Bose speakers and the internal laptop speakers at the same time. In addition the sound from the Bose speakers sounds horrible...tinny and completely lacking any bass.

If I plug the Bose speakers into the headphone jack on the side of the laptop (not the docking station) then I get great sound and ONLY the Bose speakers produce sound (which is what I want). Is there a fix to get only the external speakers to play when plugged into the docking station audio out?

I've uninstalled and re-installed the Conexent ISST Audio drivers twice...no change. I've tried messing with the B&O Sound Control panel, but it doesn't have any configuration for the audio ports. I've messed around in the Windows Playback devices control panel, but can't seem to find a way to shut off the internal laptop speakers.

FYI, this is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. All Mircosoft updates installed. All HP updates installed via the HP Support Assistant. Latest laptop BIOS installed.

Help! The sound output sounds HORRIBLE through the docking station. There must be a fix.

1 REPLY 1
-_Matt1_- Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both laptop internal speakers and external speakers play sound when using docking station

I too have this exact issue.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation