Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop PC 14-eb0000 (363Q8AV)

Built in microphone for HP ENVY Laptop PC 14-eb0000 (363Q8AV) is not working. All faults checked and none found. Trouble shooting report says, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".  All other support and advice by HP Assistant and other video support have been followed, but none has worked.

The microphone and all updates are said to be up to date, yet the microphone does not work. Plugged in microphone is working, though, but I need the built in more.

Can anyone help, please.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Good Morning Newc - I am now on my second HP Envy Laptop (the first one only lasted three days.  The onboard microphone does not work in ZOOM or Voice Recorder (a Microsoft app).  Tech Spt from the provider has exceeded six hours.  Two hours from HP resulted in, 'it is not a HP issue'.  Over four or five hours assistance from Zoom with a considerable number of changes to settings to Zoom and Windows with no cure.  When I received the second envy, I installed and test Zoom and Voice Recorder immediately and both worked.  I have an audio recording of a Voice Recorder test.  It was only after the laptop downloaded and installed around 20 to 30 updates, that the problem commenced and has not gone away.  There are at least another five or six similar problems with HP Envy microphone issues in this Community forum.  It is clearly a HP Problem and might have something to do with the function of the Microphone button (f8).  I am in Australia, but will provide any updates if the techos (HP, Zoom, or indeed anyone else provides an answer). 

HP Recommended

@Russ1946 

What is your machine ? Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

For security reason, please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n) on Internet.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhein - laptop is HP Envy 14, Product No = 49N32PA#ABG

HP Recommended

@Russ1946 

Your machine is an HP ENVY 14-eb0510TX, its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c07826928

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112890.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
    (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
    (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input BH - but microphone still not working in either Voice Recorder or Zoom.

HP Recommended

I have the same device and have the same problem. I tried the fix above but nothing works yet. Mic not working on any audio app including Zoom, MS Voice recorder, MS Teams, Google Duo

HP Recommended

In the end we gave up - HP and Zoom and the vendor.  I now have an Envy 360 and I n longer have the problem.  Good Luck to everyone with this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.