Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Buzzing sound from speakers?

HP Pavillion 15.6-Touch Option
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just bought my laptop and after I started to play some videos, there is a random buzzing sound coming from the speakers. After I stopped the videos, it's still there. It is not very loud but I can always hear it. How should I fix it? I've tried restarting the laptop but it still doesn't work. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Teacher
Teacher
121 121 4 13
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

well the buzzing sound can be a problem with the hardware, update the drivers for audio from hp.com and connect external speakers or headphones and check if the buzz persists on the external speakers too , if there is no buzzing sound in the external speaker , then its the hardware problem , call hp for repair , if there is a buzzing sound on the external speaker too , then it must be a software problem , run a recovery to check 

steps to run a recovery

•  power down the note book 
  • as soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu ) 
  • choose the option f11 and choose the option trouble shooting, and run the option called recovery

Note: recovery  will cause all the data to be lost on your computer and makes the computer to go back to day 1 condition , try and back up the data before you run the recovery 

0 Kudos
pandabear12 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for answering! I tried the above steps and found out that even through earphones I can still hear the noise. However,  when I pressed esc I couldn't open a new window. However, I found out that the laptop has a recovery page and it says I can re-setup the whole thing while deleting all the apps/files. Will that be the same as what you mentioned? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
pandabear12 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the recovery option but the buzzing/static sound is still here.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
121 121 4 13
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

probably a hardware problem..

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation