Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have had audio issues from initial purchase. Tried different headsets but determined that was not the issue. The troubleshooter did not work and could not determine the issue.  Tried to update Conexant ISST driver but that did not work. Downloaded driver based on my product number. Uninstalled Conexant software and attempted to install proper driver as administrator. Appeared to complete successfully but message is "No Audio Output Device is Installed." So there is no sound at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem has been solved. Thank you for directing me on the various tests and ultimately to Product support. It was definitely a software issue - not an HP issue. However I wound up having to do a Recovery which no one likes to do. But my problem appears to RESOLVED. Hurray!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @GMaUSA

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are not getting any audio from your computer after trying a lot of troubleshooting steps, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Have you run an audio test on your computer?

The issue you are facing could be a hardware or a software issue. 

Follow the procedure mentioned below to run an audio test on your computer. 

Please shut down the computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Once the computer is in System diagnostics mode. 

Select the component test and run an audio test on your computer. Click here.

If the test fails, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. 

If the audio test passes, restart your computer and try the steps suggested in this HP Guided Troubleshooter

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. My product number is Y0S78AV.  Sorry for not responding sooner. I had communication problems from a severe storm. I will run the tests now.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please try the suggested steps and let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem has been solved. Thank you for directing me on the various tests and ultimately to Product support. It was definitely a software issue - not an HP issue. However I wound up having to do a Recovery which no one likes to do. But my problem appears to RESOLVED. Hurray!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.