Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming - 15ec0049nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this HP Pavilion Gaming - 15ec0049nq laptop a month ago. A lot of times when I open it and try to connect my headphones I don't have the option to turn Bluetooth connection on or off. The switch doesn't appear at all in 'Bluetooth and other devices'. If I restart the laptop I may or may not encounter the same problem, meaning that sometimes the option is present again an everything's fine and sometimes the problem is there even after several restarts.

I tried updating the Bluetooth driver (which appears only when selecting 'Show hidden drivers' in Device Manager), but Windows says I have the latest version installed.

I tried running the troubleshooter, but it says my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities, which is not true, because, as I said, Bluetooth runs fine sometimes.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64b Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 , have updated the bios to the latest version and my Hp Support Assistant says that all of my drivers are up to date.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Eduard0901 Let's start with the Hard Reset: (To release any excessive static causing the issue).

This method works for a variety of Driver connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Shut down the computer
  • Disconnect all external devices - everything.
  • Remove AC power and the battery (if its removable)
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the AC power (only),
  • Power on > Login
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery and follow the below steps.

For more steps: Click here

To help you in Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day! 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for answering my question!

I tried the steps above and so far I haven't encountered the problem (I have only shut down and turned on the laptop once). My laptop does not have a removable battery, so I didn't remove it. I'll keep you posted in case the problem persists, or I'll mark it as solution.

Thank you very much for your answer!

HP Recommended

@Eduard0901 That seems like a plan, please do that!

And keep us posted.

Take care and have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again! There have been a few days and the problem is back. Same as in the beginning, it sometimes work and it sometimes doesn't. I can sometimes make Bluetooth work with a laptop restart and sometimes it doesn't work only after several restarts.

Thank you for reading and answering my question!

HP Recommended

@Eduard0901

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for your response!

I already have Hp Support Assistance installed and it says I have the latest drivers for everything. I have also tried using the Virtual Assistant before posting the question. I have also tried uninstalling the driver and nothing changes: it sometimes works, it sometimes doesn't.

I'll keep you posted in case I find a solution for the problem and I am open for more possible solutions.

Thank you again for the effort of helping me solving the problem!

HP Recommended

Thank you for keeping us posted

As a last Resort you could try a Reset and check if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for answering my question again!

I thought about that but I've hoped it wouldn't be necessary. I'll try it someday and keep you posted.

Thank you again for your help!

HP Recommended

@Eduard0901 Someday, it is! 

Meanwhile, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

And have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.