Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have some axent wear cat-ear headphones that come with a microphone that plugs into a jack on the headphones themselves and then has a single separate cord to plug into the laptop. The laptop also has a single headset type jack. I'm on an HP Envy running windows 10. It also has beats audio on it if that's of any help.
When I plug it in the computer recognizes a headset however it has it lists it as disconnected. It says the same in regards to playback sound however I can hear it through the headphones. I've looked through a bunch of forums and the HP support website itself and nothing seems to work. Some people suggested going on realtek audio manager but even though the laptop has realtek on it the audio manager doesn't seem to be here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've figured it out.  Thanks for your time

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Coco449,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the headphones. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply.  The product number is G6T84UA#ABA and it is a 64-bit operating system.

HP Recommended

Hi @Coco449,

Please follow the steps from the following documents.

Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎

No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had already tried that support page on microphone problems and just to be surre I went through it again and nothing new happened.  Drivers are all updated, and troubleshooting only lets me know the laptop isn't recognizing the headset as does pulling up the sound page which renders the rest of the support useless.  And I have tested the headset on other computers where it works fine.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've figured it out.  Thanks for your time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.