3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Cd does not show artist, title and does not allow to sync

HP Recommended
HP G6-1336sa 15.6" laptop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have previously posted my issue and was asked by praveen196 to provide the product number which is HP G6-1336sa 15.6" laptop.

As previously stated, the issue I have is that whenever i play a cd the artist, title etc is not displayed. i have figured out how to override this and manually enter the details,however the big problem  i have is that it will not "drag" over and therefore i can;t sync any music to my phone.

the only exception to this is it will drag music that i already have in my library (music i previously ripped) however, it won't for cd's that haven't been ripped previously.

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,749 93,406 12,274 26,105
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@x101 

No, using Explorer it only shows Title 1, Title 2 ..... and you can't drag/drop. Normally you have convert to a different audio format such as MP3, ACC ... after that you can get song title, artist (but NOT always).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,749 93,406 12,274 26,105
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@x101 

No, using Explorer it only shows Title 1, Title 2 ..... and you can't drag/drop. Normally you have convert to a different audio format such as MP3, ACC ... after that you can get song title, artist (but NOT always).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

x101
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried what you suggested, i.e using MP3 and i can now drag my  music and sync to my phone.

Regarding the artist/titles, I still have to edit/override however, it's not an issue as the main thing was to be able to drag and sync.

Thanks for your help.............much appreciated.

Scott,

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation