Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I post here today because I have a really really really annoying problem.

Everything started the day I installed The Anniversary Update of Windows 10, I am a League of Legends player and am using this Spectre X360 (i5-5200u) for a year to play this game.

The day I installed the Anniversary Update everything went wrong, because as soon as my game of LoL started the PC was crashing (after lots of " clicking/buzzing noise from the inside of the laptop while charging the game). 

I solved this THANKS TO RIOT SUPPORT (And not HP or Microsoft Support who are just a bunch of people who only tell us to do what's on their board, without having a personal opinion). 

I think I had no issue then for several days/weeks but now I have a new annoying problem as my speakers are doing a clicking/buzzing noise every 20/30 seconds (And it's really a loud one). Even when there is no " music / sound etc.. " to recreate the speakers are still clicking/buzzing. It happens while listening videos on youtube, music on my laptop, when nothing happens etc.. 

It's either a software (Drivers etc.) or hardware problem but as my guarantee expired I hope it's a software one. But believe me when I say that if it's a hardware problem HP will have to fix this FOR FREE as it seems to be a general problem because I'm not the only one suffering from this: 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-while-playing-music-in-HP-SPECTRE-X360/t...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Spectre-X360-Sound-Issues/m-p/5319834#M70379

I also found someone who gave a solution (http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2593100/crackling-popping-sound-laptop-speakers-headphones.html) but I can't make it work on my laptop as I can't do this step " HIGHLIGHT 'HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO' (NOT REALTEK) CLICK 'NEXT' AGAIN IGNORE WARNING AND CLICK 'YES' -
RESTART / REBOOT WHEN PROMPTED " because there is no HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO appearing on my screen at this step. 

So now, what I want is to have a clear and real solution to this problem.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi ,

Could you update the 

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Type:

Driver - Audio

Version:

6.10.6435.0; 5.10.6435.0(5 Feb 2013)

Operating System(s):

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) | View all

File name:

sp60317.exe (42 MB)

Link : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5257503&swItemId=ob_115135_1&swEnvOid=406...

Also , I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click on Control Panel.
  3. Double-Click on the SoundIcon and click on Speakers.
  4. Click on Properties.
  5. Click on Enhancements
  6. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
  7. Click OKand check if issue persists.

If issue still persists, as a workaround, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for youRefer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X keyand click Device Manager.
  2. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
  3. Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
  4. Select the option to Delete driver software.
  5. Restartthe computer after its uninstalled. 

Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
  2. Click on the ‘compatibility’tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
  3. Click on ‘Apply’and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this helps you ..... 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

So I tried to install your Audio Driver but it failed to install (Once the laptop restarts it says that " the driver isn't the good one for this system (vista) and couldn't install ". 

I have no Enhancements possibilities with my speakers so it's not related to that too. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.