Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently restarted my computer, and when it booted back up, there was a message saying that Conexant Audio didn't detect any audio devices. I followed the steps posted on the Windows support page and uninstalled the driver, as well as the ISST Driver. <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-10-fix-sound-problems>. Upon restart, neither would reinstall. I even tried installing it manually, both the one I had already in my SWSetup folder and one I grabbed from HP Self Service.

I remember Remote Assistance fixed a similar problem very quickly a few months back. From what I recall, they uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers manually just as I did. I don't remember if they did anything else.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hurewicz I have a few suggestions that may fix the issue, 

If the steps to install the software from the SWSetup folder didn't work, it looks like the factory shipped/pre-installed drivers aren't working or there's a hardware issue,

the best thing to do is to run a hardware test to identify any such issues before working on a fix:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.