jmPRodriguez
Level 2
16 14 0 4
Message 11 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant August 2017 update - sound stopped working

@Vedavyas wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue. This is so incredibly irritating. At the first occurrence I simply did a system restore. It worked for less than 20 hours before popping up again. I then did a factory reset last night and the problem has come up yet again.

I paid 1200 dollars for this laptop and am a university student, I cannot survive like this, I am so so so disappointed with HP's lack of quality assurance on even their most premium laptops.

I've suffering this problem. I read in another forum about the same problem that the issue involve more than the sound driver. So I decided to change Display driver, Nvidia drivers... using Device Driver and drivers coming from HP drivers page, trying to get the latest from "reliable" sources. I rendered my computer so damaged that Windows couldn't start properly. I opted for repairing Windows preserving my files, which worked as expected.

Then, Windows Update downloaded some [small size] drivers and HP Support Assistant downloaded 1 GB of updates! 

After one day (around 8 hours) the sound is still working! It may be too soon to think the problem has been fixed, but I'd suggest to run "Windows Update" and HP Support Assistant after any reset to factory to get the best results.

Good luck! 

FakerF
3 2 0 0
Message 12 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exaxt same problem and notebook. Endless problems I have had with notebook thus far.

0 Kudos
3RD-ONE
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 13 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavillion and it did the samething to mine.  This is very frustrating as no one in my house is computer savy.  So I've wasted 3 days doing the same thing and still no sound, guess calling HP is the only answer. Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,341 14,039
Message 14 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

• Go to device manager (right click on Windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now expand the “Sound, video and game controllers”.Right-click on “Conexant ISST Audio” and select “Update driver software”.
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. 
  • Select “Conexant High Definition Audio Device” (Not Conexant ISST Audio..!) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”. 

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
3RDHELEN
Level 2
14 11 0 4
Message 15 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sent you a reply but I need to let you know that it's under a new name 3RDHELEN. When I went to sign on this morning it read they couldn't find my email so I had to make another account. I didn't want to repost same question in the new account because I have done everything in the 3rd-One account. Will be calling HP support to find out what happened to my first account.

Helen Richeal
0 Kudos
SteveAdmin
4 3 0 0
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove the Bang & Olufsen software through add/remove programs. Solved all my problems with the drivers on Windows 10 x64.

Speaker (Conexant ISST Audio) driver version 10.0.16299.15 

And

Conexant ISST Audio  9.0.164.0

(Yes these two in the device manager)

HP ZBook 15u G4

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation