ldouglas75 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Convertible Laptop Audio Volume toggle stuck

I have model m6-aq005dx with exactly the same problem!  Anyone have a fix?  What's the driver to disable that will disable the physical toggle switch??

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16380 1315 2235
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ldouglas75

Welcome to the HP Forums :) 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the audio volume toggle is stuck,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted to reinstall the audio/video card drivers?

Did you attempt a system restore/refresh like it was suggested in the original post?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

Install all available updates from the HP Website & the windows updates, once done, the issue should be resolved, if not, reinstall the drivers for audio and the video card using the device manager and let me know how that works out.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DJames99 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX where the volume is stuck and the volume control is permenantly on the screen. This is causing multiple problems with windows.

I have removed the drivers and reinstalled as well as done a complete reinstall of windows and nothing has worked. The note book is only 6 weeks old and I am really losing my cool with the lack of support from HP.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12300 1159 2291
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DJames99,

Welcome to the HP support forums. I have reviewed the post.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. :)

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DJames99 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your message David.

I have now been waiting for over two weeks for a reply from HP care and the support website continues to show that there is no support available in the UK and that I should check back during hours of operation.

I have had two emails confirming my case number and your offer of having someone contact me but absolutely no follow up.

At this point I have lost faith in HP's products and support. I want a refund.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation