Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fq1000sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

since when I first purchased my laptop and started configuring it, the built in speaker makes a crackling and fuzzy noise when playing sistem notifications and other sounds (such as Zoom meetings, Whatsapp voicenotes, etc.) both with high and low volume.

Weirdly though, when I play music on Spotify, videos from Youtube and the web browser, the audio works perfectly, even at max volume.

What might be the cause of this issue and how can I solve it? The laptop is brand new.

Thanks in advance

Francesco

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Francesco23, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are getting a crackling noise from the speaker of your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Have you run an audio test on your computer?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know about HPSA. 

Once all the drivers are updated using HPSA, check if the issue is resolved. 

If the issue persists, shut down your computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Once the computer is in system diagnostics, select the component test, and run an audio test. 

If the crackling noise is heard during the test as well. 

If the audio test passes, restart your computer. 
Uninstall the audio driver from the device manager. 

Please delete the driver when prompted during uninstall.

Restart your computer. 

Download and install the driver from this link and check. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.