cancel
Joshowens16 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise coming from laptop (HP Envy x360 Convertible)

HP Envy x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my laptop for a while and I've tried everything to get rid of this noise and nothing has worked. It is a crackling and popping sound that comings from the laptop itself not the speakers, the source of the sound seems to com from where you would plug in the power cord on the right side of the laptop

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise coming from laptop (HP Envy x360 Convertible)

Hi there @Joshowens16,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understandthat you are getting a crackling sound from the vicinity of wherer the power plug goes in.  I am happy to help with this.

I highly advise you to call in to HP Phone Support as soon as possible to find out what the source is. I also advise that you leave the unit unplugged until you do so.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.  

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation