Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Ríona Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a hp pavilion x360 laptop and when I turn it on there is a low level of crackling noise sounding a bit like radio interference or something. Is this supposeto happen/how can it be fixed?

9 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13778 910 1550
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi @Ríona

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is crackling noise coming from the computer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2caEo0V

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ríona Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi,

Thanks for replying!

The crackling noise is not an audio problem with the speakers but seems to be coming from the laptop itself, possibly the processor (I don't know enough about laptops to confirm this).

It's a small sound that is there from when I turn on the laptop until I turn it off.

Is this fixable?

Thanks,

Ríona

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13778 910 1550
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi @Ríona

Thanks for the reply.

There are only 3 components on the computer which can cause noise or cracking sound. System fan, Hard drive or the speakers.

As you confirmed that it is not from the speakers, I suggest confirming from where exactly the noise is coming so that we can isolate the issue and troubleshooting according.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Good day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ríona Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi,

I don't know how to confirm whether the sound is from the processor or the fan. It's from within the keyboard and the sound is equal whether I listen from the top or the bottom of the laptop.

This is an issue for me as I want to bring it to the library and it's too loud for that!

Ríona

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13778 910 1550
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi @Ríona

Thanks for the reply.

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on - HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Cazza72 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi did you get this fixed I'm having the same problem I've returned it once but second is the same
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13778 910 1550
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi @Cazza72

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is crackling noise coming from the computer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2caEo0V

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Cazza72 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

The sound is not coming from speaker but the top right corner near the power outlet the guy from currys said it seemed the port was loose but the second one has same issue I'm gutted as I really like this laptop and dons want to choose another
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13778 910 1550
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling noise

Hi @Cazza72

Thanks for the reply.

I suggest you contact phone support to check the available service options for your computer.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on - HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation