Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dude, I have the same problem and I just created a new thread on this. It doesn't seem like HP is fixing the issue at all. I have upgraded to Windows 11 recently and installed the latest drivers and the older drivers to figure out if it fixes the problem, and the problem seems to be realtek drivers not working with Win 11.

The only workaround is rolling back to Win 10 with the realtek drivers, or otherwise installing the default "High Definition Audio", which is just seriously bad imo.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your feedback. However, I do not have such options in my BIOS setting. 

HP Recommended

I am a college student and bought this HP OMEN 15 2020 about 5 months ago and I am facing frequent problems: blue screen, crackling audio, high temperatures.

HP Recommended

Same issue here.

Would love if someone from HP could at least acknowledge that they are aware of this problem.

HP Recommended

Same problem after I updated a few days ago. The sound seems shallow, not as powerful but bizarrely even crackles on the right speaker when playing some audio (like zoom or even test sounds from the settings).

There are two drivers for my Realtek Audio. The one picked by Windows is the one modified by HP which is older than the new  Realtek drivers. The hp audio drivers are from 2019 but now Realtek has from 2020. I rollbacked in Windows to the Realtek version 2020 10.0.19041.264 and my audio seems fixed ...somewhat. At least the crackling is much reduced. But of course HP Audio Control doesn't work because the driver is not adapted for HP (I think the only additions the hp drivers have are the bugs and the RPC protocol needed for that stupid control app. The bugs are of course a pleasant feature).

HP Recommended

It does not work for High Definition Audio Device. (only for realtek)

HP Recommended

Doesnt work for High Definition Audio Device. (only for Realtek Drivers)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.