Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You got me for a second there, I thought it was done, and the laptop audio was bricked for life.

This is very good news. Do you know if this fix/offer stands world wide?

HP Recommended
I have no idea; I'm in the US. Keep in mind this is only if the latest driver doesn't fix anything. I reinstalled it and it fixed most of the issues so I won't be sending in my laptop.
HP Recommended

I believe that version of the motherboard with the non-realtek sound hardware only appeared on the Skylake version of the X360?  Unless I'm mistaken this would basically mean they would have to swap the CPU as well.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the latest BIOS update through HP software. And so far haven't heard a pop. Played music using external player, played a 4K video on youtube and performed a internet speed test at the same time.

I can't believe. After 1 year it has finally been fixed? I'm not going to hype myself too much, something is bound to be wrong, I'll never trust HP again.

HP Recommended
I believe the "second generation" Spectre x360 line (Broadwell with Windows 10) shipped with both Realtek and Conexant DACs. Conexant was introduced later.
HP Recommended

And I was right to have my suspicions. I had a download going on, while watching another video, and there were popping sounds, as I was skipping forward the video, not all the time, but 80% of the time, and only when performing this action.

Both watching video, and downloading was done in MS Edge. And who knows how bad can it get when using for example chrome, which loads the CPU to it's limits.. Not about to test it, but thinking maybe brigining it to warranty service to switch DAC's, if it really does fix this problem.

HP Recommended

My Spectre X360 is in the shop now for the crackling speakers and the screen issues.  No charge.  Started the crackling long before the warranty was up.  Screen issues started just after the warranty ran out.  They did the right thing and are fixing both for no charge.

Thanks HP for stepping up!

Laptop is supposed to be back to me by 9/28 so I will see if everything is totally resolved.

HP Recommended

I also am having the problem it happens everytime I use the computer infrequently. I'm not sure why. I've read some of the thread and wanted to know if people had come up with a resolution for this issue.

HP Recommended

Got my Spectre back.  Looked at what they did on the repair sheet...

• Replaced speakers
  • Updated driver for display (have the fading issues)

My first thought was "they didn't fix it."  I was correct.  Popping and cracking was still there.  Screen fade and lines were back in their full glory.

It went back in on Monday and is supposed to be completed by 10/24.  This time I put in photos of the fading screen, copies of this thread on cracking and comments on finding the real solution. 

Hopefully it will get fixed this time.  My escalations rep at HP - Linda, has been tremendously helpful.

HP Recommended

My laptop went back in on Oct 2.  On Oct 24th there was still no repair date and no idea when the parts would be available. They gave me a new one.  Waiting to get it.  Supposed to ship today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.