sallybm Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Crackling speaker

HP Spectre X360 13-ae005
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

The in-built speakers really crackle, especially at high volumes on certain tracks. I'm sure they're not meant to be so sensitive.

Running a sound test, it says that the problem is with the 'Generic Audio Device' but can't fix it automatically. 

I've done all the recommended sound tests and updated all drivers, windows is updated, and it's a brand new computer.

Thanks for advice.

1 REPLY
sv3nsen Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Crackling speaker

I have the same problem with my Spectre x360 13-ae0xx (model no. 2WB04EA#UUZ).

Except that the problem exists with both the built-in speakers and via headphone jack. No error messages though, when trying sound test.

Sound seems overamplified, crackles really bad. Doesn't make a difference if I listen to music or video, loud or low-vol.

Had contact with the HP phone support last year and the person told me that (though he had to google the problem first :D) HP would be already aware of this, on their way to fix it (e.g. new driver software in the works).

I hope a new driver is coming soon, because this gets quite annoying over the time. Especially because this was a really expensive device, with everyone telling how great the sound would be. Can't confirm that at the moment.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation