Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (429 Views)

Crappy Sound Quality

Product Name: HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got my laptop repaired for a broken hinge. Afterward, I had to reinstall Windows 10 and update all the drivers manually. Since then (a few weeks ago), my sound has been great. Up until yesterday it worked perfectly.

Today, I plug my headphones in and notice the sound is awful. I unplug them and the sound coming out of the speakers is awful too. I updated my sound driver (just reinstalled) and same issue. I went through the Microsoft audio fixer and it didn't change anything. I've tried everything I found in these forums but the sound is still bad. No bass, all sounds like it comes out of a tin can. Beats Audio Panel is installed but nothing changes when I turn Beats on or off.

HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition

Windows 10 64 bit

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (425 Views)

Re: Crappy Sound Quality

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation