Tutor
11 6 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DTS STUDIO SOUND MALFUNCTIONING

HP15 AC179 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO, i have just bought hp ac-179tx notebook, avery decent notebook with dos. i installed win 10 64 and installed all the drivers right from hp drivers page. after i found two issues 1. dts studio audio panel works fair with inbuilt notebook speakers but when connect the 3.5 mm jack to enjoy via headphones , the audio enhancement section of the panel goes unchecked and not working. this is surely an driver issue

2. after i installed both intel 520 nad amd 330 drivers i found in the device manger under display adapter section that the amd driver comes first and then the intel hd 520, in my previous notebbok  with amd switchable graphics i found the intel hd in the first and amd in the second, is there any impact on notebooks graphics performance if yes how to sort out pls suggest me a way

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
768 631 42 97
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @PRASANTA31

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I'd be happy to help with sounds panel/driver issue you're experiencing! 🙂 

As for the order shown in your device manager, it's not significant. It could be as simply as the order in which they were installed. It shouldn't effect performance in any way.

Have you had a chance to test the DTS Studio Audio panel with any other peripheral sound device? If not, do you have another pair of headphones or speakers you could test? 

With the external sound device connected, right lick on the speaker icon in your taskbar (bottom right) and select Playback Devices. Are the headphones listed there? If not, try right clicking anywhere in the empty space and making sure "show disabled devices", and "show disconnected devices" are both selected. Let me know the status of the headphones if they are listed. 🙂 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

PRASANTA31 Tutor
Tutor
11 6 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i followed your instruction step by step earlier and now again, but the only device it shows is "speaker/hp(realtek high definition audio). it does anything like headphones or like that. ihave given it to test different sets of headphones, all played through 'speaker/headphones icon'. seems the audio driver packed with some wrong dsp code o guess but right solution is waiting from your end always

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,308 3,773 305 585
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PRASANTA31,

Thanks for getting back to us.

At this point, it sounds like the second set of headphones also did not work? Is this correct?

Please follow the steps within this guide:

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation